NetEase, Inc. is a leading Chinese technology company that provides internet services, applications, games, and other technologies. It is one of China's largest email providers whose brands include:
- 126 Mail
- 163 Mail
Asia Pacific (APAC): China
126.com; 163.com; yeah.net, 188.com; netease.com; vip.163.com;
Connections and throughput
NetEase does not specify the number of concurrent connections allowed by their servers. Some senders may need to reduce throughput to fewer messages than recommended in order for email to be delivered.
Deliverability best practices and troubleshooting support
- Use opt-in permission methods for all subscribers.
- Have a list hygiene strategy in place to remove or suppress unknown and unengaged users from your email list.
- Ensure you follow all NetEase best practice suggestions and sending guidelines.
- Apply to the NetEase Integrity Alliance Platform (registration and fee required).
- Membership does not guarantee inbox placement.
- Configure all IPs with valid reverse DNS (PTR) records.
- Implement a prominent unsubscribe link with a one-click unsubscribe process and immediately honor all unsubscribe requests.
- Implement the list-unsubscribe header in all marketing email. NetEase uses the list-unsubscribe header to process unsubscribe requests.
- Authenticate all email with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
- Monitor SMTP response codes closely and refer to NetEase's list of SMTP response codes for additional guidance.
- If you receive SMTP response codes indicating too many connections or throughput, reduce your connections, sending volume and increase retry times until the bounce messages are no longer received.
- Common reasons for rejected mail include:
- Your IP or domain is on a blocklist.
- Connection and throughput limits were exceeded.
- Incorrect SMTP commands, representing a misconfigured sending system.
- Sending to too many unknown users.
- Content associated with or containing viruses and malware.
- NetEase relies on content-based filtering.
- Ensure you have "AD" in your subject line so recipients understand the purpose of your email. Content without "AD" in the subject line is likely to be filtered as spam.
- Remove content with culturally insensitive words or phrases and any content related to illegal drugs, weapons, and pornography. Some politically sensitive topics may also cause your email to be filtered.
- Ensure your content is not associated with or contains viruses and malware.
- Look up and delist all IPs and domains from the following blocklists, including any third party domains. Be sure to fix the cause of any blocklistings prior to submitting a delisting request or listings will recur.
- NetEase has a public escalation process (registration required). From the postmaster page, click on the fourth tab located at the top of the page, and scroll down for additional instructions.