Adding your Everest seed list to Twilio SendgGrid is a two-step process:
- Configure and download the seed list from Everest
- Upload the seed list to Twilio SendGrid
1. Login to Everest
2. Navigate to In-flight> Inbox Placement>Manage Seed List
3. Locate the Region Selection on the left side of the page and select the regions you send email
- To ensure accurate seeding results, only select the regions to where you actually send email
- It is recommended to select “Global” for all senders as that region represents Gmail, Microsoft, Apple, and AOL.
8. Click Seed List Optimizer: Disabled
9. Click Upload List
10. Enter a Description
11. Click Choose File to upload your file
12. Click Upload List
13. In the Seed List Optimizer section, click the details icon to view the results
14. Click Apply Weighting to apply seed weighting
Periodically check that seed weighting reflects the make-up of your list profile. As you add, suppress, or lose subscribers over time, adjusting the seed weighting helps ensure an accurate reflection of your inbox placement rates. For most senders, adjusting seed weighting by uploading your list as instructed above is easier. You can also adjust seed weighting manually by clicking on the Seed Weighting widget and entering in the new weight values next to each mailbox provider. Be sure the seed weighting total equals 100%.
15. Under the Download Seed List widget, select Actions at the top right of the widget.
16. Select Download: CSV
In Twillio SendGrid
Switch over to Twillio SendGrid and send the campaign you would like to track in Everest.
1. Log In to Twillio SendGrid
2. Select Marketing Campaigns >Contacts
3. Select Add Contacts
- You have two options – you can upload the Everest CSV file from Upload CSV or manually paste the Everest seed list with Manual Add
4. Upload the .CSV file containing the Everest seed addresses.
- Make sure that the format is correct as per the SendGrid format recommendations.
5. Select the Add Contacts to a new List option and name it "Everest Seed List".
6. Review your contact list and add your Everest Seed List to your Contacts.
- If you are sending your first campaign with SendGrid, following their recommendations, verify that your time zone and account email address are correct before sending, by going to your SendGrid account settings. This will ensure that you are receiving alerts when you upload contacts and that your campaigns are delivered on time.
7. Go to Templates and select the email template you wish to send to the Everest seed list.
8. Select the gear icon under the template
9. Select Create Campaign
10. Select the From Sender and enter your email subject line.
11. In the Recipients area > Lists/Segments to Send To, select the Everest seed list that you uploaded earlier.
- Here you can also select the subscriber list you want your campaign to be delivered to or you can simply do a test that is sent only to the seed list.
12. Select your Unsubscribe Group and schedule your send.
13. Enter your addresses into the send test field and click Send Campaign.
14. Select Review Details and Send to send your campaign.
- You will see a message that your campaign has been sent.
16. Once your campaign has been sent, switch back to Everest and navigate to In-Flight > Inbox Placement to view the results.