To monitor your deliverability results, you must send your email campaigns to the Everest Seed List.
Implementing the Everest Seed List into your database may require the help of your internal database administrator or your email service provider (ESP):
- Contact your database administrator to identify the best approach for importing a tab-delimited flat file. To identify this segment in your database, Validity recommends adding a field or a value that allows your data administrator to manage these addresses separately from your core email data.
- Contact your ESP account team to identify their method for adding the Everest Seed List. ESPs have unique methods and processes for incorporating seeds, so it is important to know how your ESP handles Everest seeds.
Downloading the Everest Seed List
To obtain the Everest Seed List:
- Sign in to Everest.
- Use the navigation menu at left to go to In-Flight, then Inbox Placement.
- Select the Manage Seed List tab.
- Under the Download Seed List widget, select Actions at the top right of the widget.
- Choose either Download: CSV for a CSV file or Download: One Per Line for a text file.
- Switch over to your ESP or sending platform to upload your seed list, using the guidelines provided by your ESP account team.
Sending to the Everest Seed List
- For the most accurate deliverability results, Validity recommends you distribute the seed addresses randomly throughout your list so you can see if your deliverability rates change during your sending process.
- One way to randomize the seeds throughout your list is to add the seeds to your list and alphabetize it by email address. Alternatively, you can place your seeds at the end of your list. If you use an ESP to implement the Everest Seed List, check with your ESP account team to see how they distribute the seeds.
- Include the entire Everest Seed List in every email you want to monitor. If you send the same email to different list segments (for example, subject line testing), include the full Everest Seed List in each segment to monitor the deliverability results individually.
- Important: Your list contains four critical seeds. These seeds, located at the top of your list, are called reference addresses and are created specifically for your account so Everest can identify your campaigns. You must always include these reference addresses in your seed list for Everest to fully track and report all the seed results for your emails.
Tip: For best results, place the first two reference seeds at the top of your list, and the last two at the end of your list.
When testing your campaigns using the seed list, use placeholder data for merge fields. Please do not send tests with personal data (e.g., customer or subscriber email, name, user name, account number, etc.) in your merge fields, or associate customer data to seed addresses.