By implementing a matching X-header or body tag in your email campaigns, you can assist Everest in uniquely identifying your campaigns.
Simply include an additional header named X-250ok-CID with a unique value for each campaign. You may need to work with your ESP to include this header.
For users who don't have the ability to inject a header into outgoing email, we offer the ability to embed a tag in the HTML body of your email. Simply include, anywhere in the body, a tag that looks like this:
<!-- X-250ok-CID: uniqueid1234567890 -->
Creating the matching header or body tag
Some best practices for creating a unique value for your header or body tag include:
- Do not include any spaces in the value.
- All X-250ok-CID values should be unique PER CAMPAIGN.
- Prefix your campaign value with a company name or nickname.
- Consider including a timestamp in your value to help ensure uniqueness.
Everest will look for the following header types by default:
Inbox Placement includes a few configurable settings for X-header. To change these settings, select Customize from the Overview tab. This will open the Inbox Settings slideout.
- On the Display Preferences tab, under Inbox Tests: Default Columns, check the box beside X-Header to display the header in the Inbox Tests table. Select Save.
- On the Header Matching tab, toggle on the Copy to new child accounts switch to have child accounts inherit the matching header from the parent account.
- To hide the matching header or body tag from child accounts, toggle on Hide from child accounts.