The Truncate blocklist identifies potential sources of spam, scams, viruses, and malware by monitoring IP reputation data from systems using the Message Sniffer spam and virus protection software.
- Listings occur at the IP level.
- The impact on deliverability is low.
Reasons for getting listed
Your IP address may be listed if your:
- Sending practices result in sending to spam traps, high user complaints, and sending to a large number of unknown users.
- System was compromised by a third-party to send spam.
How to get off this blocklist
This blocklist is automated and does not offer a manual delisting service. Your IP is removed when their data indicates the sending system has stopped sending spam. In most cases, your IP is delisted automatically within 24 - 48 hours, but some delistings may take a week or more depending on severity.
Tips for staying off this blocklist
- Make sure your servers are properly configured and have no open relays or open proxies.
- Conduct ongoing security checks to prevent unknown third-parties from sending spam.
- Ensure you obtain consent from all subscribers prior to sending email.
- Maintain good list hygiene practices and regularly remove unknown or invalid subscribers.
- Send relevant and timely email to encourage high subscriber engagement.
- Ensure your IPs are signed up for all available complaint feedback loops and suppress subscribers that report your email as spam.