SpamRATS! is a real-time blocklist used to identify spam originating from botnets and compromised servers.
- Listings occur at the IP level.
- The impact on deliverability is low.
Reasons for getting listed
Your IP address may be listed if you:
- Sent email to a SpamRats! spam trap.
- Sent email to too many unknown or invalid users.
- Sent email from a misconfigured IP address.
- Send bulk marketing email from a home or dynamically assigned IP address.
- Opened too many simultaneous connections at the receiving server.
- Sent spam from a compromised server.
How to get off this blocklist
This blocklist accepts manual requests to remove IP addresses. Check your IP's status and request removal. Prior to a delisting request, it is recommended to fix the issue causing the listing. Abuse of their delisting process without fixing the cause may result in a denial of future delisting requests.
Tips for staying off this blocklist
- Respect mailbox provider resources and do not open too many simultaneous connections.
- Confirm that your IPs have valid PTR records in DNS that resolve to the correct hostname.
- Make sure your servers are properly configured and have no open relays or open proxies.
- Conduct ongoing security checks to prevent unknown third-parties from sending spam.
- Ensure you are not sending bulk marketing email from a home or dynamically assigned IP addresses.
- Have a good list hygiene strategy and regularly remove unknown or invalid subscribers.