The 0Spam blocklist uses spam traps and other spam reporting services to identify possible sources of spam.
- Listings occur at the IP level.
- The impact on deliverability is low.
Reasons for getting listed
Your IP address may be listed if you:
- Sent email to a 0Spam spam trap.
- Buy email lists or harvest email addresses from websites.
- Have a misconfigured email server.
- Bounce email back to the wrong server (backscatter).
- Are not CAN-SPAM compliant.
How to get off this blocklist
This blocklist accepts manual requests to remove IP addresses. Check the status of your IP and the corresponding reason code to determine possible listing causes. Create an account, login, and submit a delisting request. Prior to submitting a delisting request, it is recommended to fix the cause of the listing, or future requests may be ignored.
Tips for staying off this blocklist
- Ensure all bulk marketing email is CAN-SPAM compliant.
- Ensure your IP address has a PTR record with a valid hostname.
- Use opt-in consent when acquiring new subscribers.
- Do not purchase email lists or harvest email addresses from websites.
- Have a list hygiene strategy in place and remove unknown and unresponsive subscribers.
- Make sure your servers are properly configured and have no open relays or open proxies.
- Conduct ongoing security checks to prevent unknown third-parties from sending spam.