In this webinar, you'll hear the following:
- What are bounce codes? Should I be worried?
- What is there a difference between hard and soft bounce codes?
- How can I limit the number of hard bounce codes?
- Any advice about wrangling hard bounces specifically in Marketo? Hard bounce rate of 5-6%, mainly B2B sending so we're seeing some spam policy blocks from more corporate servers where it's hard to petition.
- B2B subscribers are tricky because most of the time they use an additional third party to filter their mail. On top of that, company has the ability to set up their own block rules, which takes any type of predictability out of the picture. Although there isn't much you can do from a deliverability standpoint, I have recommended senders in the past to add a brief note during the sign-up process to add your domain as "safe" within the filtering rules so that you are not blocked.
- Do most people use different IPs based on target segments? (3 MIL a month; warm up)
- Depends on what type of segmentation you are referring to. Most senders will use separate IPs for different mail streams (promotional vs. transactional). The segmentation really depends on what makes sense for your email program. Do you have enough volume and sending consistency to send each segment off of their own IP? Are you concerned that one segment will impact deliverability for the other segments? These are questions to consider when thinking about segmenting. Just know that segmenting your IPs won't necessarily fix an issue if that is your end goal. Eventually, having any type of bad traffic will severely impact IP reputation and that IP will most likely be blocked anyways.
Get the slides here: