There are various reasons why campaigns you sent to the seed list may not appear in Return Path Platform. Some of the common scenarios include:
- You paused or stopped deployment prior to completion—some or all reference seeds were not deployed or received by Return Path Platform.
- You performed an A/B test, and seeds had been added to your list before the test segments were created. Seeds were split between the two test sends and made it appear that many were missing from each segment. Typically the seed lists from the two sends can be matched up and seeds that are missing from one send will show delivery from the other.
- You did not implement a matching ID or it is improperly implemented.
- You tried to deploy automated or triggered email to the seed list and are not using one of the recommended methods.
- The campaign is still in the process of sending.
The primary solutions are to:
- Ensure that you send to all four reference seeds.
- Ensure you have a matching ID implemented and properly functioning.
- Wait at least 4 hours or more after your campaign started deploying for all of the seeds to report.
- Add the seed list after any segmentation or test sends have been created, to avoid splitting up the seed list.
- If you are sending automated or triggered email, either send just the template to the seed list at a pre-determined interval, or create a script to send the email to the seeds during live deployments.
Products affected, where to get data, and what data is used to troubleshoot
- Products: Return Path Platform and Inbox Monitor
- Data used to troubleshoot:
- Reference seeds
- Matching ID
- Deployment timing
- Is the campaign still sending?
- Is there a potential delay at the mailbox provider?
- Sending specifics such as:
- How were seeds implemented or added to list? Were they randomly distributed throughout the list, or placed at the beginning or end?
- Where were the reference seeds placed?
- Was an A/B test done? Were all of the seeds, including the reference seeds, added to both test segments?
- Was email stopped or paused during send?
- What type of email was sent? Bulk/promotional email or transactional/triggered?