A Matching ID is a unique identifier assigned to each mailing that we use to track and report on your email.
Setting up a Matching ID
The Matching ID is comprised of a static company name and a dynamic message identifier, with the recommended syntax explained below.
- The recommended syntax for the Matching ID is:
The asterisks represent alphabetical characters for your company name, such as acme for Acme Corporation. Choose how you want your company name to be represented in the ID. You can use between 2 and 90 letters with no spaces.
- The plus symbols represent a numerical, globally unique ID for a specific mailing. Adobe allows you to insert the Delivery Primary Key for this value.
Once you have determined your static company name to include in the Matching ID, follow the steps below in Adobe to set it up:
- Open Delivery
- Open the Properties dialog
- Select the SMTP tab
- Click into the Additional SMTP Headers text box
- Enter X-rpcampaign: <your static company name>
- Using the acme example above, it would look like this: X-rpcampaign: acme
- From the context menu, select Message – Other
- In the Field Selection dialog, scroll down and select Delivery - Primary key
A successful result should look similar to the example below, but with your company name:
- Click Ok
- Send a test campaign to the seed list to make sure the Matching ID is working properly.