Welcome to Validity for Email! You are on your way to maximizing subscriber reach and increasing inbox placement. To ensure a smooth and successful onboarding experience, please use this convenient guide and checklist to help with the application setup and training process.
Help and support
If at any time you have questions or encounter problems, please refer to the following resources.
Return Path from Validity and Certification
- Salesforce Help Center
- Return Path from Validity Help Center
- Access the Return Path from Validity Help Center by logging into Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Open a support ticket with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
BriteVerify from Validity
Set up your account to view your data when going through product training. While the pre-work is not required prior to attending your product training sessions, it is highly recommended. Product training using your own data helps you learn how to get more value from Return Path from Validity.
- Login to Return Path Platform through Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, click on Email Studio – Email.
- Locate and click on the Return Path Platform tab in the upper right side of the screen.
- Locate your MID number by hovering over your account name in the upper right corner within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Your MID number helps Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Return Path quickly identify you when you open a support ticket regarding Return Path Platform.
- Inbox Placement
- Set up the seed list
- The seed list includes CoreSeeds, email addresses you send your email to in order to measure inbox placement, and SmartSeeds, email addresses you send your email to in order to gain insight into subscriber engagement.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud automatically sends to the seed list when your subscriber volume for a single mailing exceeds 10000 subscribers.
- If your expected sending volume is fewer than 10000 subscribers for frequent mailings, open a support ticket with Salesforce Marketing Cloud to lower the threshold.
- You can lower your threshold to as low as ‘1’, but ‘1’ may seed internal testing emails. Look at your minimum sending volumes to subscribers to help you decide. If you are unsure, ask to set the threshold to 1000 and change later if necessary.
- Read about the matching ID
- Return Path Platform uses the matching ID to identify your email. It is placed in every email you send from Salesforce Marketing Cloud automatically.
- When you open a support ticket, include your matching ID(s) because it helps the support teams identify your issue quickly and aids them in troubleshooting.
- Send a test email to Return Path Platform
- Access a recent mailing in Salesforce Marketing Cloud through the Content Builder and set it up to send to a test audience.
- Check the Send to Deliverability Seed List box in the Configure Delivery section and send the test.
- Check Return Path Platform, the test should appear within a few minutes.
- Set up the seed list
- Sender Score
- SenderScore is like a credit score and measures your sending reputation.
- If you purchased Return Path from Validity through Salesforce Marketing Cloud, open a ticket with Salesforce Marketing Cloud support and request your IPs be added to SenderScore.
- If you purchased Return Path from Validity directly from Validity, open a support ticket and request your IPs be added to SenderScore.
- Email Client Monitor
- Email Client Monitor tracks subscriber usage data using a small 1x1 transparent image (pixel) in your email.
- Add the tracking pixel to every email.
- Inbox Preview
- Inbox Preview allows you to identify issues with your email prior to deployment.
- Submit a test.
- You will be contacted by the BriteVerify team separately by email to kick-off the onboarding process.
- If you purchased Certification, you will be contacted by the Certification support team separately by email to kick-off the application process.
Return Path Platform product training
- Instructor led training
- Be sure to register for product training.
- Please complete the pre-work prior to attending the product training.
- If you cannot attend the instructor led training or want to get a start on learning about the products, watch the following training videos in our Help Center.
- Register for the Ask the Experts webinars
- Get expert insights into specific deliverability topics, such as how to warm up an IP address, improving inbox placement at Gmail, and more.
- Register for the Email expert office hours
- Talk to an expert about your deliverability problems, how to use the product, and email best practices. It is also a great opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from other clients’ challenges and experiences.
- Set up alerts in My Account
- Inbox placement alerts
- Smart alerts
- Blocklist alerts
- Start sending your email
- Ensure your email is seeding based on the volume threshold established in onboarding pre-work step #2.
- Set up ESP Connect (optional)
- ESP Connect is an integration feature that uploads your Salesforce Marketing Cloud data into your Return Path from Validity account. Combining these two data sets gives you a holistic view of your deliverability.
- ESP Connect.
- Get your daily deliverability checklist.
- Learn about email