The Spamhaus Domain Block List (DBL) is a list of domains of spam sources, including known spammers, spam gangs, spam payload URLs, spam sources and centers ("right-hand side"), and phish, virus and malware-related sites.
- Listings occur at the domain level.
- The impact on deliverability is high.
Reasons for getting listed
The DBL listings are based on evidence that a domain is being controlled by a spammer, spam operation, snowshoer, cyber criminal or “blackhat.” These unwanted and unsolicited issues are threats to mail systems using the DBL.
How to get off this blocklist
Most listings will expire automatically once the domain stops sending spam. To request removal, go to the Spamhaus Blocklist Removal Center and follow the instructions for the Domain Lookup Tool.
Tips for staying off this list
- Use confirmed opt-in
- Grow your subscriber list organically with tactics such as website sign ups, SEO, and point of sale sign ups
- Do not purchase or rent lists, or use other risky acquisition methods
- Conduct ongoing list maintenance and list hygiene
- Set up role accounts and feedback loops to identify problems early
- Host your domains on networks that do not allow spammers
- Use a few reliable domains for sending rather than many domains at once