ESP Connect is an integration feature that uploads your Salesforce Marketing Cloud data into your Return Path account. To set up ESP Connect, you will need the permissions necessary to manage API credentials within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. If you do not have administrative access, please ask your administrator to set up these user permissions.
How to set up SFMC user permissions for ESP Connect
- Login to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
- Select your username in the upper right hand corner and choose Setup. A left navigation bar will appear with headings for ADMINISTRATION, PLATFORM TOOLS, and SETTINGS.
- Under the ADMINISTRATION heading, select Users and then choose Users.
- Check the box to the left of the user whose permissions will be updated, then select Manage Roles in the Users navigation bar.
- Under the Permissions section, select Edit Permissions.
- Expand the Automation Studio row, then expand Automation. Find the row labeled Create, Edit, Execute. Under the Individual column, check the Allow box for that row.
- Expand the Email row, then expand Admin, then expand API Access. Find the row labeled WebService API. Under the Individual column, check the Allow box for that row.
- Select Save.
If you are unsure whether these steps apply to you, please contact your Salesforce account team or open a ticket with Salesforce support. More information about user permissions can be found in Salesforce Help.