To help you keep track of your deliverability and reputation, Return Path Platform offers customizable in-app and email blocklist alerting options.
You must specify the IPs and domains you want to monitor so they can be added to your account. To add an IP or domain you own to Return Path Platform for blocklist and reputation monitoring, please contact your Return Path account representative or Return Path Support.
How to use Blocklist Alerts
Here's how you can use the Blocklist Alerts feature, which is accessed through My Account.
- Determine how you want to receive the alerts. You can choose to receive a daily summary report, a realtime email alert, or both. You can also choose to have the alert appear in the Return Path Platform user interface.
- Web: This alert shows only in Return Path Platform and appears within 3 minutes of when Return Path registers that an IP or domain has been blocklisted.
- Realtime Email: This email is sent when a listing or removal is reported for an IP or domain and shows all blocklist activity within the past hour.
- Daily Email: This email is sent every day and shows you any listings and removals from the prior day and the IP or domain that was listed or removed. If no listings or removals took place in the past 24 hours, the email will note that no changes occurred.
- To select all blocklists, check the boxes for Web, Realtime Email, and/or Daily Email at the top of each column header, depending on how you want to receive the alerts. You must do this for both the High Impact and the Other blocklists.
- To select specific blocklists you want to monitor, check the boxes for Web, Realtime Email, and/or Daily Email located next to each blocklist. Leave the boxes at the top of the column headers unchecked.
- Your selections are saved automatically.
Monitor your email and log in to the Return Path Platform regularly to see if your IP or domain is listed on any blocklists. Should you see an alert in the daily email report, a realtime email, or the Blocklist Activity tile in Return Path Platform:
- Click on the Blocklist Activity tile to get more detailed information.
- Review the blocklisting and begin troubleshooting the cause.
- It is recommended that you attempt to identify and fix the cause of the blocklisting prior to requesting a delisting. If you do not fix the cause, your IP or domain will continue to be listed, and future attempts to delist the IP or domain may be ignored by the blocklist provider.