Once you sign up for Geo Email Monitor, you need to start adding campaign tracking codes to your emails to start receiving device and geo-location data about your subscribers.
Use the instructions below to learn how to add a campaign tracking code to your MailChimp template.
- Copy your campaign tracking code from Geo Email Monitor.
- If you haven’t set a campaign tracking code up yet, navigate to the Geo Email Monitor website and select Track a New Campaign. When you receive your tracking code, copy the HTML version of the tracking code, not the URL version. Your HTML tracking code will be formatted like this:
- Once you have added your code block, your design should have a section to add your own HTML.
Note: If you use a common template for multiple campaigns and you already have a Geo Email Monitor tracking code in your template, then replace the tracking code with one you haven’t used yet. If you don’t replace the previously-used tracking code, then you won’t receive new campaign analytics and may even may skew past results.
After you paste the HTML version of your campaign tracking code into your MailChimp email and send, you are finished! To see your results after you send your campaign:
- Navigate to the Geo Email Monitor website.
- Select the campaign’s name from the Overview page.
- Review the detailed report on your campaign’s performance.