The Spam and Open Relay Blocking System (SORBS) Web blacklist identifies web servers that have unsecure email sending scripts which can be exploited to send spam email. The blacklist blocks email from host servers known to distribute spam, phishing attacks, and other malicious forms of email.
- Listings occur at the IP and IP range level.
- The impact on deliverability is low.
Reasons for getting listed
IP addresses can be listed for:
- Unsecure email sending scripts
- Sending spam from domains or addresses that are not hosted on the sending server
How to get off this blacklist
This blacklist accepts requests for re-testing after the exploited script has been secured. First you need to register for an account with SORBS and then follow their instructions provided on their website.
Tips for staying off this list
- Make sure your servers are properly configured and have no open relays or open proxies
- Conduct ongoing security checks