A security compromise not only poses a risk to your Certified IP address but could negatively affect your business and brand image.
You should follow these guidelines if the security of your Certified IP address has been compromised:
- Immediately contain and limit the exposure.
- If the security breach can be traced to a specific computer, remove it from the network and clean it using anti-virus software.
- Disable connectivity between the area involved with the compromise and your email sending system.
- If a specific user account was compromised, change all applicable passwords.
- Monitor traffic across all IP addresses and servers.
- Depending on the results of your investigation in identifying the root cause of the security breach, Return Path can provide recommendations on how to fix the issues.