When results for one campaign are split into two separate campaigns in Inbox Monitor, the cause is often Matching ID errors.
Common reasons why this may occur:
- If the Matching ID value is different for both campaigns, it results in two separate campaigns.
- To resolve this issue, send a campaign with one Matching ID value to the entire seed list.
- There is no Matching ID for the campaigns.
- Return Path can match campaigns on the body hash—that is, translate a given email into a string of characters unique to that email campaign and then look for the same string from other emails—but campaign identification is less accurate and less customizable.
- To resolve this issue, set up a matching ID (How to set up a Matching ID).
- The Matching ID logic you understand and the logic the Return Path database is looking for do not match. Contact your Account Manager for more information.