This test checks for the following:
- If the campaign passes DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) authentication
- Whether the DKIM key length provides proper security protection
How it works
When a campaign is sent to Inbox Monitor:
- Inbox Optimizer checks the Yahoo! Authentication result header using the first Yahoo! seed received. The Yahoo! seed checked on your message can be verified by opening the DKIM fix-it guide within the Inbox Optimizer test results and clicking on the icon beside See your authentication results.
- Inbox Optimizer scans your DKIM signature, and using your selector (s=) and domain (d=), the key length is determined by viewing the public key.
- Pass: If the Yahoo! authentication header shows a passed test
- Fail: If the Yahoo! authentication header shows a failed test
DKIM key length:
- Pass: If the DKIM key length is at least 1024 bits
- Warn: If the DKIM key length is less than 1024 bits