The Weighted Private Block List (WPBL) lists IP addresses that connect to WPBL members' systems and send spam.
- WPBL listings occur at the IP address level.
- This blacklist has a small impact on deliverability.
- The WPBL is used globally.
Reasons for getting listed
IP addresses are listed when their servers:
- Send backscatter
- Send email infected with a virus
- Send spam through an open proxy: a non-email server tricked into sending spam
How to get removed
This blacklist automatically removes IP addresses when you fix the problem that originally got you listed, after the last spam email was received. A single spam detection typically results in a 7 day listing. You can also request manual delisting using the form on the WPBL website.
Tips for staying off this list
- Conduct regular security scans on your servers for viruses and spambots
- Make sure your servers are not configured for open relays and open proxies
- Check your server configuration and turn off auto-reply to avoid backscatter issues
- Scan all inbound and outbound email messages for viruses