When your Missing rates in Return Path Platform or Inbox Monitor are high for several mailbox providers, you may not have sent to all of your seeds.
Here are some common reasons as to why that might have happened:
- You did not send to all four reference seeds.
- You paused or stopped your campaign deployment before it was finished.
- Seeds were added to your list before you segmented your list for testing. This means the seed list was split between the test cells, making it appear that many were missing from each campaign.
Here is how you can fix this problem in the future:
- Make sure that you send to all four reference seeds.
- Do not include the seed list if you think there’s a chance you might stop or pause your email campaign. Or, if you do, archive the campaign in Return Path Platform or Inbox Monitor so that it won’t impact your overall deliverability results.
- Create your test groups first, then add the seed list to the test segments. That way, the seeds will not be divided between the segments.
When testing your campaigns using the seed list, use placeholder data for merge fields. Please do not send tests with personal data (e.g., customer or subscriber email, name, user name, account number, etc.) in your merge fields, or associate customer data to CoreSeeds or SmartSeeds email addresses.