There are a few steps to setting up Mailbox Provider Weighting in Return Path Platform. However, you may need to complete some prerequisite tasks before you can get started.
- You must be a user with administrator access to configure and change Mailbox Provider Weighting.
- Because it is a permission-based feature, you need to make sure Mailbox Provider Weighting is turned on for your account.
- If it's not turned on, submit a request to your account representative. Once it’s activated, you can begin to configure the weighting.
If you meet all of the prerequisites above, then follow these steps to set up Mailbox Provider Weighting.
- Determine the percentage of your list represented by each mailbox provider. Here’s how you can do that:
- Determine the total number of email addresses that are on your list and the total number of addresses represented by each domain. In some cases, your ESP can help you get this information.
- Calculate the percentage by dividing the total number of addresses at a specific mailbox provider by the total number of addresses on your list. For example, if your list has 100,000 addresses and 22,000 of them are aol.com addresses, then 22% is the Mailbox Provider Weighting value for AOL.
- Leave any value boxes empty if you do not know your subscriber representation for a mailbox provider.
- We do not use unweighted mailbox providers in the Mailbox Provider Weighting calculation.
- Only the mailbox providers you weight are factored into your deliverability rates throughout the product.
- When you turn on Mailbox Provider Weighting for your campaigns, you cannot filter by mailbox providers that are not weighted.