Return Path Platform has a campaign tagging feature that allows you to track and categorize your email campaigns.
Prior to implementing campaign tags, submit a request to turn on the feature by contacting your Client Success Manager or Return Path Support.
Campaign tags can be added to the:
- Body of your email
- Header of your email
Use a an HTML comment in the body of your email to add a campaign tag.
<!-- rptags: tag name 1,tag name 2, tag name 3 -->
<!-- rptags: black friday, shoes, 20 percent off, united states -->
Use an X-header to add a campaign tag in the email header. Contact your email administrator or email service provider to add the X-header.
X-Rptags: tag name 1,tag name 2, tag name 3
X-Rptags: black friday, free shipping, europe
Creating tag names
- Tags may include both alpha and numeric characters up to 100 characters.
- Tags are made lowercase, so capitalization differences are not stored. For example, if you created the tags Black Friday and black friday, they would become the same tag with the lowercase version appearing in the filtering drop-down menu.
- You can have multiple tags for more detailed data by separating the tags with a comma.
- Use tag names that make sense for your business.
Accessing tagged campaigns
After setting up your tags and sending email with the tags to the seed list:
- Log into your account and open Return Path Platform.
- In the Monitor section, click on the Low Performing Campaigns or Inbox Placement tiles
- Locate and click on the Show Filters button
Tags appear as an option in the tag filter drop-down menu. Select the tags listed to group your campaigns.