Authentic SpamCop reports:
- Come from an address ####@reports.spamcop.net
- Are sent from an ironport.com server
- State the issue, whether it be an IP address, website URL, or email address, in both the subject line and early in the body of the message
- Include the headers and full message being reported
- Are sent in plain text because HTML appears untranslated
- Contain a link to the issue in the SpamCop database where you can add a note, close the issue, or declare it an innocent bystander
Example of a real SpamCop report
From: Some User <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [SpamCop (184.108.40.206) id:1234]PC Home Worker
- SpamCop V1.3.3 -
This message is brief for your comfort. Please follow links for details.
Email from 220.127.116.11 / Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:11:15 -0700
"From email@example.com Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:12:26 -0700"
Received: from [18.104.22.168] by hotmail.com (3.2) with ESMTP id
MHotMailBF1F590F008F4136E80B3DAB8D1F04170; Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:11:15 -0700
From: "work at home"
Subject: PC Home Worker
Sender: "work at home"
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 15:08:26 +0800
Would you like to work at home ?PC Home Worker
process orders from your own home! All you need is a PC,
Email, and a quality printer!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'more info'' in subject
line for more information
This is a one time mailing. To be removed, reply to
email@example.com with REMOVE in the subject line.