Microsoft Smart Network Data Services (SNDS) data in Everest may appear different from the data found in the Certification program. Depending on data source and platform, data may be displayed slightly differently for several reasons:
- Threshold: SNDS may not surface data for extremely low volume days.
- Time zone: SNDS and Certification data use different, static time zones, while Everest can be adjusted for your time zone.
- Date range: Data may be calculated over slightly different date ranges.
- Volume: Volume may be broken down into categories (such as rejected, unknown, filtered, and delivered) differently or not broken down at all.
- Complaint Rate: SNDS and Certification calculate complaint rate in slightly different ways, accounting differently for factors like duplicate messages.
SNDS and Certification represent different ways to think about Microsoft data. The combination of sources offers you a more complete view of an IP address’s reputation.