Smart Alerts is the Return Path Platform's automated alerting system. It is designed to let you know when your email program may be experiencing issues that could impact deliverability.
Smart Alerts is found on the right-hand side of the user interface in a single feed. This feed is the one place where you can see a list of specific issues that may need you and your team’s attention.
How Smart Alerts works
- Smart Alerts is a system that is powered by a real-time, machine-learning-based process, which runs constantly to check for issues that could affect your email program.
- Any issues found are immediately shown in your Smart Alerts feed in the platform.
- With each alert, you will have access to a detailed description of the problem, all relevant, supporting data that Return Path used to identify the issue, and recommended tasks to resolve the issue.
Here’s some additional technical information you may want to know about Smart Alerts:
- The Return Path system that powers Smart Alerts runs constantly throughout the day and surfaces any alerts in real-time, as they are detected.
- Smart Alerts is checking for various issues across IPs, domains, and campaigns.
- New Smart Alerts may disappear from your feed if the issue is resolved without first accepting the Smart Alert as a Task. This happens because Smart Alerts are triggered by real-time issues.
- For example, a Smart Alert appears in your feed that informs you of a syntax error in your SPF record. However, you do not accept the Smart Alert as a Task and the syntax error is corrected. If this happens, the Smart Alert will disappear from your feed altogether because the issue is no longer being detected.