The Smart Alerts feature lets you know when our system detects an issue and what steps you can take to fix it. However, once you accept a Smart Alert it becomes a Task.
Tasks are based on Smart Alerts and offers additional functionality in order for you to track your progress on resolving Smart Alerts.
A Task contains all the same information as the Smart Alert but with three key new functions:
- Change assignee: Once you accept a Smart Alert as a Task, you can assign it to anyone on your company’s Return Path account. This is helpful for those that may need to delegate work across a team or other departments.
- If you change the Task's assignee, you can still access it through the Tasks sidebar under My Team's Tasks section.
- Change the assignee by clicking on your name located beneath the Smart Alert's title.
- To assign the task to someone on your team, search for and click on their name.
- If your name is not underneath the Smart Alert's title, click on the Accept as task button at the bottom of the Smart Alert page.
- Complete the recommended tasks: We know that working on email program issues can take time and resources. So whatever stage you are in during the resolution process, you can keep track of it in Tasks.
- Add subtasks: Recommended tasks are meant to be guidelines in helping you resolve Smart Alerts that may appear in your account. However, we want Tasks to be flexible enough to fit into your unique workflow and meet your needs. That’s why Tasks offers the option for you to create your own tasks by selecting +Subtask.
- You can add as many subtasks as you would like in order to help you track all of the steps it takes to resolve the issue as well as take notes.
- Resolve a Smart Alert and complete Task: If you have taken the necessary steps to resolve an issue raised by a Smart Alert, then you can mark it as complete. (Nice work!) In order to do this, you must select the checkbox next to the Smart Alert’s title. Once you do this, it will strike out the text indicating the Task is finished.
- If you need to revisit historical, or completed Tasks, you can find them in the Tasks sidebar under the Completed Tasks section.